I saw this on Roni’s Weigh and immediately started playing along in my head. Care to join in the fun?
1. My parents told me…“if your friends jump off a cliff would you jump too?”
2. I wanted to grow up to be a… a teacher. I got over that idea by the time I was applying to colleges.
3. I refused to eat… liver. Or, at least, I tried to refuse. My dad loved it so my mom would cook it for the whole family and make us sit at the table and eat it. “If you don’t finish, you’ll have it for breakfast.”
4. My favorite thing to do outside was… ride my bike, maybe. Or play tag with the neighbors. I wasn’t much of an outdoorsy kid.
5. I broke my… leg when I was one. I fell off my parents’ bed. As the story goes, my older brother and I were on there “watching TV.” So I jokingly say he must have pushed me.
6. I liked to wear… clothes that, looking back, were pretty unflattering. I had no sense of what colors or styles looked good on me.
7. My parents always… made us write thank you notes, something I hated as a child. But I’m glad they instilled that discipline in me and I have done my best to do the same with my boys. Although in this day and age I tell them they can email, text, or call, instead of putting pen to paper.
8. I thought that Santa was… not real. Guess that comes from being Jewish.
9. My favorite cartoon was… Bugs Bunny or Tweety and Sylvester.
10. I was the… classic teenage daughter who didn’t get along with her mother. My mom used to say, “If you dad said the grass was purple and I said the grass was green, you’d say the grass was purple.” I’m so glad I outgrew this; my mom and I have a great relationship now.
11. I got in trouble when… my parents were putting out the fire in the fireplace at our lake house and I said, “We don’t want this one to burn down like the last one did.”
12. My bedroom was… spacious. And I had a fabulous shelf that ran the width of the room. When I went to college, my younger brother got my room and I got his tiny bedroom in exchange.
13. My favorite food was… maybe ice cream. Or Devil Dogs. I remember that I’d get on a kick with a certain food and want it over and over and my mom would get frustrated because she’d stock up and then one day, boom, I didn’t want it anymore.
14. My parents always made me… finish my food. (See #3.) This is the reason that I NEVER made my boys eat things they didn’t want to eat and now I regret how finicky they are. Sigh.
15. My first crush was… on a boy named Michael, maybe in third grade. He won the prize for most books read by a boy; I won for most read by a girl.
16. My favorite toy was… NOT a Barbie doll. I wanted one so badly! I don’t know why my parents wouldn’t get me one.
17. I thought school was… a place where I was living under the shadow of my brilliant older brother. And tough socially.
18. My biggest fear was… of some unknown scary thing that might live under my bed. I’d turn out the light by the door and make a running leap so that I could jump on the bed without risking my legs getting grabbed.
19. My favorite story was… Dr. Seuss’ ABCs.
20. My favorite memories… are of summers spent at the lake.
Your turn! On your own blog or in the comments, answer some or all.