I’ve been tagged! Flashback to childhood when we played tag for hours on the front lawn. Freeze Tag. TV Tag. Do kids even do that anymore? But, I digress. Thanks to Rochelle for tagging me:)
Here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. you must post 11 random things yourself.
3. answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. no stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah; you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!
Eleven random things about me:
- I won’t ever bungee jump. Or sky dive. Not a fan of risk or heights.
- I haven’t worked since becoming a stay-at-home mom just over 14 years ago. But I’m thinking maybe it’s time to get a job. Maybe. But I have no idea what I’d want to do.
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life I’d probably choose pizza since it’s so versatile. This week: another attempt at cauliflower pizza.
- I don’t like when people stereotype about redheads having fiery tempers. WE DO NOT!!!
- I’ve probably had more Starbuck’s skinny decaf lattes in the last two weeks than in the previous six months combined. At home I never drink coffee.
- I use two computer monitors. One always has my email open. I use lots of open tabs and often multiple open windows.
- The last time I had to rent a car for a trip, I checked back often and cancelled/re-reserved it four times before I left, for a total savings of over $100. Over-planning meets frugality.
- I hate swallowing pills. I’m gagging just typing about it.
- I chew a different flavor/brand of gum in the car than I do at home. I don’t chew any in public.
- I prefer to eat my apples at room temperature and sliced into thin pieces.
- I’d like to try kettlebells. If they ever offer a class near me I am SO going!
Here are the questions from Rochelle that I need to answer:
1. What would the opening line of your autobiography say? “This is a boring story.”
2. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage – or non-alcoholic if you don’t imbibe? I rarely drink alcohol since I don’t love the taste and prefer to eat my calories. But every so often when we are out with friends I get a fru-fru flavored martini.
3. What is one thing that you would never want to change about yourself? The unconditional love I have for my boys.
4. What is the one characteristic about other people that you simply cannot tolerate? Dishonesty.
5. Name a time when you felt extremely proud of yourself. I think during graduate school. There were lots of little reasons ranging from living on my own for the first time to my good grades to how I handled my father’s unexpected death.
6. If you could relive (and make -over) a year of your life, what year would that be and why? I’d go back to 2010, the year I thought I was done with yo-yo dieting forever – but clearly wasn’t. Now I just need to think of every change I’d make that year and apply them in 2012!
7. Is there a particular unusual ritual or routine you do in the exact same way absolutely everyday (something other than brushing your teeth, for example)? If so, what is it? I unconsciously put my socks and shoes on one particular foot first almost all the time. Do you?
8. What is a talent you do not have but wish you did? Singing. No… dancing. Okay, singing AND dancing.
9. Build your ideal person. Fill in the blanks: I’d want the hair of Julianne Moore (because I’d look odd without red hair), the face of myself but infinitely prettier (because, much as I’d like to look different, I can’t imagine seeing someone else staring back at me from the mirror), the body of Halle Berry, the brains of Oprah, the sense of humor of Tina Fey, and the bank account of Bill Gates.
10. What do you feel the worst thing is about trying to lose weight? Oh, I could write a book about this. Oh wait – I already have a blog:) Maybe the worst thing is that after all these years of “dieting” and “lifestyle change,” I’m still struggling.
11. What song best defines where you are in life right now? A few days ago I was singing “Oops, I’ve done it again.”
And here are the questions from me for the bloggers tagged below:
- What is the most memorable meal you ever ate?
- What TV show(s) are you embarrassed to admit you watch?
- Would you rather hire a trainer, chef, house cleaner, or personal shopper?
- Share a favorite childhood memory.
- What destination would you love to visit?
- What’s one food you think you don’t like but you’ve never actually tried?
- What modern technology that you didn’t grow up with could you now not live without?
- List the 5 websites you visit most often.
- Who would you like to meet (living, dead, fictional character, blogger, anyone…)?
- What’s your favorite spot in your house and why? Where in your house do you spend the most time?
- How long on average does it take you to write a blog post?
And now… Tag – you’re it:
Deb @ Diet Schmiet
Ellen @ Fat Girl Wearing Thin
Jan @ Writing to Wellness
Jody @ Truth 2 Being Fit
Leslie @ Something Brilliant is Brewing
Marsial @ Eyes of the Sun
Michele @ Within Reach
Munchberry @ I’m Just Puffy
Patrick @ Responsibility 199
Teresa @ Today is a Good Day to Diet
Photo credit [rosieapples]