Thank you to Lori for the Stylish Blogger Award. I got a little chuckle out of this one because I am one of the most unstylish people I know. Oprah might call me a frumpadump. (Which would be okay not only because it’s true but because I’d be thrilled to have Oprah call me anything!) So, for the seven things I am supposed to share about myself, I thought I’d go with a theme…
Karen’s Styling Life or Lack Thereof:
1. My favorite colors to wear for shirts are just about any shade of purple and something that would probably be described as turquoise. But on the bottom… black, baby! Yep, I think it’s slimming. Not to mention it goes with just about anything on top. And my limited shoe collection always has at least one pair of seasonal black to match. Wait! I just noticed that in my header I’m dressed in… purple and black:) Nope, I don’t have a clock belt.
2. I am the queen of the baggy knit pants. I’ve shared before how this penchant for comfort-over-style probably helped contribute to my many weight regains. Some of said baggy pants are so worn out that you can see the elastic peeking through the waistband. Shameful, really. I think the time has come for a ritual burning or tossing of the droopy drawers.
3. I rarely bother to “accessorize” and sometimes wonder if I’ve gone so long without earrings that the holes in my ears will close up. I have quite a range of jewelry that rarely gets worn and runs the gamut from the cheap beaded stuff I made myself to diamonds, a girl’s best friend. And speaking of diamonds, I take off my wedding ring before I wash my face at night and don’t put it back on until after I’ve exercised and showered the next day.
4. My husband thinks I look best without makeup – but he’s wrong. There is no doubt in my mind that a little eye liner and mascara goes a long way on a redhead with pale eyelashes. But, being the frumpadump that I am, I only put it on for special events or photo ops. Back in the days when I was a working woman, I even wore eye shadow! Lipstick – never.
5. I rarely shop for clothes unless I need something. Sometimes it’s because I don’t want to buy stuff in the size I’d wear; often it’s because I’m cheap. When I go on vacation (every second or third year) with my close girlfriend, I do love some recreational shopping. I’m very out of touch with fashion trends. Big shoulder pads, anyone?
6. What I wear under my clothes is just as uninspired as what I wear that shows. For example, unless I’m wearing a clingy T-shirt, I’m probably going braless that day. And thanks to the wisdom of my mom, I have a pretty boring, mostly beige panty collection. Sadly, my favorite style is no longer being made and I noticed my old pairs all seem to be ready for the trash at the same time. Men may not get this, but there’s not much worse than uncomfortable underwear! Excuse me while I tug mine down on my butt cheeks.
7. As you might have guessed, I’m even frumpy when it comes to what I wear to bed. Right now I have two old, and I mean OLD, T-shirts that I rotate. How old? Old enough to have multiple holes at the seams. But since I rarely shop and like to be comfy, I have yet to replace them. When I get up in the morning I throw on a pair of equally old but not-yet-holey fleece pajama bottoms and if it’s cold, top it with an even older plaid flannel shirt of my husband’s that predates our marriage. And, I admit that I have actually gone on an early morning grocery run in this ratty outfit!
So there you have it. More than you could ever want to know about my unstylish self. So… what about you? Stylish or frumpadump? Any style confessions of your own that you’ll admit?
Now, for the hard part: to pass this on. I’m supposed to pick 15 bloggers but I’m just going to go with a quick list of some who are relatively new blog acquaintances.
Amy and Rae @ Weight a Second
Dawn @ A New Dawn for Me
Denise @ YAPS about Weight Loss
Lisa @ Challenge Accepted
Mo @ We’re Losing It
Munchberry @ I’m Just Puffy
Roz @ Weighting for 50
Sable @ Squat Like A Lady
Safire @ Healthy Dreaming