Well, my blog anyways.
I was so going to write about Oprah today, but I’ve just been too busy to pull my thoughts and words together to do her justice. So if you, like me, are feeling a bit sad at her farewell today, check out Michele’s tribute. And someday, maybe, I’ll share my own “ode to Oprah.”
Now, where was I? Oh yeah. Thanks to Safire for this adorable Adorable Blog award. If you are looking to be inspired in your cooking, check out her blog Healthy Dreaming.
Rules of the Award
*Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post.
*Tell us 10 things about yourself.
*Nominate your bloggers.
*Contact these bloggers, and let them know they received this award.
So, what 10 things can I share that I haven’t already told you before? Think, think. Aack! You probably know me almost as well as I know myself by now:)
1. I have so many pet peeves I could never list them. Top on my list might be hearing people eat.
2. I’m looking forward to being an “empty nester,” but don’t tell my son:) When he asked me what his dad and I will do with him gone, I replied, “Whatever we want.”
3. I’ve noticed I have an interesting habit of writing without contractions but when I go back and read my drafts I almost always change that. Funny how my writing is more formal than my speaking would be. (For example: “I am” vs. “I’m,” like in number 2 above.)
4. I’d consider going back to work if I had any idea of what I might like to do. And if the job allowed me enough time to do all the important non-work things like exercising and blogging:) Kudos to those of you who do it all.
5. I can’t remember the last time I ate peanut butter. I heart it. But I gave it up months and months ago when it became just one more food I was overeating. Not sure when or if I’ll buy another jar. Not really missing it, anymore.
6. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life I’d probably pick pizza. Not because it’s my favorite but because I’m being practical: you can put anything on one and make so many varieties. Fruit pizza, anyone?
7. I never watch live TV anymore. When someone references a funny commercial I have no idea what they’re talking about!
8. I can’t sleep late. I wish I could. Now that my son has graduated I could sleep in any day of the week. But know. My circadian rhythms are not cooperating.
9. I tend to be a creature of habit with my eating and there are certain foods I eat pretty much day in and day out. Right now, all of those are healthy foods. Once upon a time, not so much.
10. I’d love to go to a blog conference sometime but I’m also, truth be told, rather nervous about the idea. Fitbloggin next year, anyone?
And now to pass this on…
Cammy, who has the most adorable writing and often writes comments on here that crack me up.
Jody, who has mastered the art of being adorable while telling it like it is.
Leslie, who also has an adorable turn of phrase and all too often is writing what I am feeling.
Michele, who has an adorable way of taking a quote and making it meaningful.
Michele, who had an adorable response to me telling her to wear her bike shorts commando.
Patrick, who balances an adorable sense of humor with a more serious side.
Sharon, who is the only blogger I can attest is as adorable in person as I imagined she’d be.
What do you find adorable? Anything in particular you want me to share if I have to come up with a future list about myself?