This year, the award goes to ME!
And, as we always hear on those shows, the most gratifying recognition comes from our peers. So, much thanks to Michele, Kim, Polar’s Mom, and Stephanie for giving me a blog award recently. Makes me all warm and fuzzy:)
The Terms of Acceptance of the Award:
1. Post and link back to the person who awarded you this award;
2. Share 7 things about yourself;
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers (or as many as you can); and
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
So, here goes. Seven things about myself. Think, think. What could I possibly share that I have not already told you?
- I’m a morning person. I especially love the quiet before anyone else gets up.
- I can touch my tongue to my nose. And wiggle each eyebrow independently.
- I failed my driver’s license test the first time. One of the hardest things I have done as a parent is ride in the car as a passenger when my boys were learning to drive.
- In first grade I won an award for the most books read. I used to be a voracious reader but read way fewer books now since I spend so much time reading blogs!
- I am horrible at geography and history. Pick those categories if you want to stump me in a board game.
- I got my first real job at 14 but haven’t worked, by choice, in over a decade. I’m eagerly awaiting my 18 year old son getting his first job.
- I have a hard time asking for help. Not so good when one is recovering from surgery:(
And now, to pass this along. Here is a list of great blogs that are more recent finds for me. I see that some of you have received this already in the time it has taken me to get this post up, so just consider this a little extra bloggy love:)
Anne at Carb Tripper
Darla at My Winning Year
Ellen at Fat Girl Wearing Thin
Heather at Fatosity
Karen at Before & After: A Real-Life Story
Kris at The Heart & Humor of Being Human
Leslie at Skinny Me
Nan at LBD Diaries
Roxie at Gravel and Rust
Sheri at Motivational for Health and Fitness
Tammy at A Newer Tammy
Surgery update: My hernia surgery went well. But to borrow from Lady MacBeth: ouch, ouch, damn spot:(