Flashback to childhood – playing tag. Fast-forward to blogger’s version – and “Tag, I’m it!” For Real, This Time tagged me to answer four questions:
1. What are the top 5 things you are thankful for this year? I am thankful for all the usual things: my family and friends, good health, our home, the blog world. And I am thankful for technology of all kinds, when it works:)
2. What is your favorite healthy meal that you cook? This is a tough one; I am not known for my cooking skills:) I guess I would have to go with my salmon recipe because everyone in my house likes it and even my teen will eat it as leftovers. And you can’t get much healthier than salmon! I’ve shared the recipe below; the original came from allrecipes.com years ago.
3. Are you a last minute Christmas shopper or did you start 6 months ago? Does Christmas shopping overwhelm you? I am a big planner and have a bad memory so I rely on lots of lists for holiday shopping. I have been known to buy gifts early and put them somewhere and forget where or that I even got them! So now I write them all down. Yes, it all overwhelms me a bit; I feel a lot of pressure about gift giving. And as I type this, I realize that in past years I would have gotten started already. I guess I’m going shopping today!
4. How are you going to reward yourself when you hit your goal weight? Heavy sigh here as I contemplate this question. My plan had been to buy some kick-ass expensive jeans when I reached and maintained my goal weight. I have actually been there several times in the last several years but regained each darn time. So my reward has to wait until the yo-yo has stopped bouncing, once and for all.
And now I get to pass on a new set of questions to four other bloggers:) I tried to pick people who had not yet been tagged:
And your questions are:
- What has been the hardest part for you about losing weight and/or adopting a healthy lifestyle? What has been the easiest?
- If you could invite anyone, living or dead, to a dinner party (or a non-food social gathering if you prefer), who would you invite and why? Feel free to invite more than one.
- What would you do if you won a million dollars? What if you won 100 million?
- What role does blogging play in your life? Do you see it changing over time?
Karen’s Family’s Favorite Salmon
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 Tablespoons lemon juice (lime works too we accidentally discovered)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
approx. 24 ounces of salmon
Combine all the marinade ingredients. Add salmon and marinate in fridge 1.5 hours. I do it in a zipper baggie and turn occasionally. We usually buy about 3 pounds from Costco so we double the recipe.
We’ve always grilled this but you could also broil it.
What would YOU do if you one a million dollars? What role does blogging play in YOUR life?