Seven days down for my summer challenge; seven more weeks to go; seven things to tell you about myself. For today, it looks like seven is my new lucky number:)
So let’s start with the easy part. Thank you to For Real, This Time! for bestowing the Versatile Blogger award upon me:)
- I met my goals every day. Somewhere I found the motivation that has been hiding for the past two months and I am trying my best to hang on to it with both hands.
- The biggest challenge at home for me was limiting my evening snacking. No surprise since that has been my major struggle for months now.
- The most unhealthy meal I ate was the BBQ dinner with family. I knew it was coming. I planned for it. I ate with moderation. I did not eat the leftover ribs the next day or the day after that (or the day after that).
- At the lake I managed to (barely) meet my goals thanks to the accountability of the challenge and knowing I would come back here and report. I admit that while there I engaged in some pure emotional eating. But while I (really, really) wanted bread, I ate cheese and fruit. Yes, I ate when I was not hungry and I was very aware that emotions from family drama were driving my eating, but I am calling this a “win” because my goals for the lake were to stay “on plan” and that part I did indeed accomplish.
- My lake goals were flexible to allow me to indulge in dessert each evening with the rest of the group. Having that option seems to help me to not feel overly deprived. One night I had a serving of hot apple pie a la mode (one of my very favorite foods). It was delicious. I ate it without guilt. And that was it.
- During the rest of the week I managed to exert willpower and not eat any of the amazing off-plan treats being eaten by those around me. There was way more temptation in my face than usual and I cannot tell you how happy I am to get back to my regular routine. Sometimes boring is good.
- I’m glad the week is over. Not surprisingly, having so many family events made things very challenging. But I am slowly learning how to find some balance when social situations come my way. More baby steps.
It is hard for me to pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs because most of the blogs I read I have been following for a while now. So sticking with my new lucky number, here are seven of my latest finds:
- I will continue to limit my evening snacks. Two is working for me right now so if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- I will eat on plan all week with the possible exception of dinner out at a Mexican restaurant on Tuesday. (This venue is chosen by the spouse of the relative who chose BBQ. What can I say? Kansas City does both very well.) No entree with “grande” or “chubby” or “fried” in the name or description.
- I’m going to steer clear of bread for another week. I still crave it, so that tells me I am smart to consider it off limits as one of my goals here for a while longer.
- And my big challenge for the week: no snacking when I read books.