Yesterday I was kicking myself for sounding so full of gloom and dieting doom. Too many negative thoughts. Too many posts that did not live up to my goal of seeing the glass half full. I told myself I needed to lighten up, brighten up, and find something to blog about with a smile on my face and a zing in my fingers.
And lo and behold… love2eatinpa gave me a blog award and brought a smile to my face and a topic to my keyboard. Thank you:)
And thank you to all of you, my amazing readers, for your kind, thoughtful, supportive comments. You are awesome:)
The rules of the award are that I have to tell you 7 things that you don’t know about me yet. But since already I told you 100 things on my 100th post, this is quite a challenge!
- I like to be even. When I work out, if my instructor or trainer does more reps on one side, I will always try to balance it out. My mother and trainer get a good laugh out of this.
- I even (no pun intended) like to eat that way! One grape on the left side of my mouth, the next grape on the right. Works the same for M&Ms and Cheese-its and most snack foods.
- I can wiggle my eyebrows, each one on its own. My brothers can do it too.
- One summer during college I traveled across Europe on an organized, group student tour. I would not have been brave enough or tough enough to backpack. My best friend went with me and years later was kind enough to help me label my photos since she had been a much better trip historian than I.
- I can still remember Shakespearean soliloquies that I had to memorize in high school but can’t remember my son’s cell phone numbers.
- I would love to take an Alaskan cruise and an African safari. We will be empty nesters in just over a year and I see travel in our future. (No backpacks I hope.)
- I have bad feet and for the past seven years have only worn very expensive, supportive shoes. Luckily for hubby, I am not a shoe shopper.
The second rule is that I have to pass the award on to seven other Beautiful Bloggers. There are so many who are so worthy of this award in my eyes – I hate to choose. But I am a rule follower. (One more thing you might not have known about me.) So I am going to pick seven amazing bloggers who (I think) have not already gotten this award and to whom I have not given another award in the past. (I lied… I sometimes break rules. There are 8.) In alphabetical order, because I am very sequential in my thinking and not so good with randomness…
Carla at The Right Fit
Jan at Writing to Wellness
Leslie at Something Brilliant is Brewing
Melissa at Invisible Girl
Peacefulbird at Words Paint
Tami at Nutmeg Notebook
Tish at Incremental Improvements
If you are not already acquainted with these fabulous bloggers, check them out. Not only do I enjoy reading their blogs, but I have had many a comment from them that inspired, motivated, or otherwise made me smile. Thanks ladies:) You are indeed beautiful.