Goodbye February! I’m glad to see you go. Just four weeks ago I welcomed your arrival, eager to move closer to the end of winter, knowing that you would pass by in the blink of an eye. And you did.
During our time together I focused on eating healthy and boosting my exercise. I…
- learned that oven-roasted tomatoes are as sweet as candy;
- discovered that I can indeed roast frozen green beans and that if I cook them longer they crisp up and are actually quite yummy;
- almost perfected a recipe for crockpot beans that is making my breakfasts fast and easy;
- started jogging for short intervals on the treadmill;
- lengthened the time I spend on the elliptical when I work out at home;
- added cardio on what had previously been my non-cardio (yoga or strength training) days;
- didn’t cheat on my diet even once!
I wonder, sweet February, if I can accomplish that in just 28 days, what can I do in a longer month? And what will I have accomplished by summer? By next year? When we meet again, shortest of months, how changed will I be? On the outside and on the inside? Don’t lament our parting, dear February, but get your ass out of here so I can move on to spring already be happy for the time we shared. As I am.
And join me in welcoming your successor – March. In like a lion and out like a lamb. Bearing gifts of springtime with (hopefully) warmer weather, blustery winds, and school vacation. With blooming flowers and outdoor bike rides. Bringing longer days. With more food discoveries and exercise achievements. Goodbye dear February, I am March-ing on.