Welcome Wednesday

Yesterday was one of those days.  You know the ones… when you seemingly got up on the wrong side of bed but couldn’t possibly have because your snoring husband was still there.   When you just felt “off.”  When stupid little things add up to a big stupid pile of nothingness that somehow has the power to cause stress and a blue funk.  When you just want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers up over your head.  When you are glad when the day is finally done so you can wake up and start over.

Yep.  I had one of those days. 

I will not bore you with the gory details.  Instead I will write about the good parts of my day… mostly to lift my mood, but also in my new spirit of living life with my “glass half full.”  (I am actually writing this yesterday for a post today.  Confusing, isn’t it?)

  • My son called from college just to chat since he had some free time.  Gotta love a teen that does that!
  • I went to my strength class at the gym.  It distracted me, got me out of the house, and brought on endorphins.  (And I was only a little embarrassed when the instructor called me out because I was yawning so much.)
  • My spirit was lifted by internet friends in their blogs and on my favorite forum.  You gals rock:)
  • I was reminded that spring is only six weeks away and that I will be back on my bike outside in no time.  And skinnier.
  • We didn’t get any snow:)
  • My teen and his friend “jammed” on the drums and electric guitar and I unexpectedly found the noise more cheerful than earsplitting.
  • The bargain-basement 3fatchicks book I ordered from Amazon showed up and I enjoyed the intro so far.
  • I ate on program all day and didn’t cheat.  (Unless you count all the sugar-free gum I chewed.  Maybe I was working my frustration out with my jaws.)
  • DH and I finally watched last week’s episode of Lost.  Of course since a new one aired last night we are behind again, but that is par for the course with us and two digital recorders.

Phew.  That felt pretty good; it really helped me to just sit here and focus and type.  The wonders of the blog and the written word:)

So now it is a new day and I am not thinking about which side of the bed I got up on – I am just thinking about the day ahead and that it will be a better one.   Glass half full… time to start drinking from it:)

Have a great day!

Advertisements

6 Comments

Filed under blogging, emotions/emotional issues, optimism

6 responses to “Welcome Wednesday

  1. I love your attitude. 🙂 I pretty much had that same revelation yesterday…focusing on the negative puts me in a bad mood, but if I focus on the positive and staying positive, suddenly the outlook is a lot brighter. Interesting how that works, huh? 🙂 I’m so proud of you for staying on track and not letting a bad day derail you from your ultimate goal!

  2. Life’s 10% out of your control and the other 90% is how you deal with it 🙂 Sounds like your day wasn’t too bad 🙂

  3. Thanks Fat Pants.

    Beerab… Great motto! BTW – I did not read your blog today – I stopped at the spoiler alert:) Thanks for that.

  4. In an interesting coincidence, I’ve been feeling “off” lately, too, and yesterday was a good day for me. Must be in the air. 🙂

    Here’s to brighter biking days ahead!

  5. I’ve had ups and downs the last few days. I really think all of this winter weather (and the cold) can affect us all so poorly. Hang in there dear, Spring will be here soon! 🙂

  6. Hope your day was better today, sweetpea! 🙂

I love comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s